Last updated: March 26, 2017
The Information We Collect
We generally collect two types of information – personally identifiable information (“PII”) and non-personally identifiable information (“Non-PII”). PII is any information that can be used to specifically identify you as an individual. For example, you may submit, and we may collect your name, email address, phone number, or similar information through the Website. Non-PII consists of information that does not specifically identify you. The following sections describe how we collect and use your PII and non-PII.
How We Collect Your Information
Cookies and Beacons
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can configure your browser to stop accepting new cookies, to notify you when you a new cookie is received, and to disable existing cookies. If you choose to disable cookies in your browser, however, you may be unable to take full advantage of all the Website’s features.
How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Signals
“Do Not Track” (DNT) is a preference that you may be able to set in your browser to opt-out from online behavioral tracking done by various companies. We do not track web visitors over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
When you are using the Web, we automatically gather basic information from your browser, such as IP address, browser type, ISP, OS, and date/time stamps to analyze trends, administer the site, analyze bugs, and gather broad demographic information. We will not share log files externally.
Information About You
We do not collect personal information about you through this Website unless you voluntarily provide it. . We may collect personal information when you request a “JACK review” and request information from us.
At any time, you may choose not to provide your personal information or you may choose to discontinue your use of our website. However, if you choose to “opt-out” of providing personal information, we may not be able to provide the information or services you desire.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. Examples of information you may voluntarily provide to us by using this website includes:
- Email address
- Phone number(s)
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information you provide to provide the services you request and to support our business functions. For example, we may use your information to:
- Fulfill your requests and communicate with you about those requests;
- Alert you to our updated information and services and provide more complete services and webpage content
- Improve the content of our website for your use
- Protect the security of our website and our business.
Sparknet does not sell or provide your information to unaffiliated companies for commercial purposes unrelated to Sparknet's businesses. Sparknet may, however, share PII for legitimate business purposes, including without limitation, the following:
- with Sparknet’s subsidiaries and affiliates, unless prohibited by law or regulation;
- to third parties and/or service providers who are providing the service(s), or information you requested. These third parties are not allowed to use PII except for the purpose of providing these services and/or information;
- to third parties who are providing service(s) to Sparknet or its subsidiaries or affiliates. These companies are authorized to use your PII only as necessary to provide these services to us;
- Undergoing business transitions; in the event Sparknet experiences a business transition, such as a merger or acquisition, or selling a portion of its assets, personal information will, in most instances, transfer as part of the assets;
- Forming a good-faith belief that disclosure of information is necessary to protect the rights and property of Sparknet, and/or its affiliates, other Sparknet customers; or,
- Disclosing information when allowed or required by law or regulation or when our legal counsel has a good-faith belief that a subpoena or court order requires the disclosure.
Aggregate or Generic Information
We use reasonable information security safeguards and techniques to protect the information you provide.
Unfortunately, no information can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure, so we cannot give an absolute assurance the information you provide to us will be secure at all times.
Sparknet does not have any responsibility whatsoever for the secure and effective operation of a) your Computer Systems (including but not limited to desktops, laptops, handheld devices, and networks), or b) any software installed on your Computer Systems, that you use to access this website. Please employ reasonable security practices to any Computer System or software you use to connect to our Website.
Obtaining and Correcting Information and Opting-out
If you wish to know the personal information we have obtained from you through the use of this Website or if you believe we have obtained inaccurate information about you through your use of our website, please contact us using the information provided in the "Contact Information" section below.
For convenience, we offer you the ability to link to and view pages of websites not operated or controlled by Sparknet. You should be able to tell you have linked to a non-Sparknet website because we inform you with appropriate notice or the link launches a separate web page. Sparknet and its subsidiaries do not monitor or control the content or the privacy practices of these non-Sparknet websites and are therefore, not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of linked external websites. When using a link to a non-Sparknet website, we recommend you review the privacy practices and policies of the external website.
Privacy Statement Changes
Telephone: (615) 426-0884